Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Confessions of a Failed Blogger






OK. I confess (as if you didn’t already know)—I’m a failed blogger. I haven’t written here in 9 1/2 months. Yes, I know that’s almost a year! But…I have somewhat of an excuse. I had just found out I was PREGNANT when I posted last February, and I was fatigued, a little overwhelmed and looking for something to give up. So blogging went out the window.

Baby Maggie's 6 1/2 weeks old now, so maybe I'll try posting more often....or at least once every 6 months. :)

Here’s what we've been doing over the past 9 1/2 months:

1. Attended Beth Moore’s Esther Bible study at a local church. It was good, but, for now, I’m a little Beth Moored out.

2. Took a mini family vacation to Edisto, S.C., compliments of my best friend/college roommate, Brantley, her husband, Josh, and Brantley’s parents, Pete and Brenda! It was fun, relaxing, and probably the best vacation we’ve taken together since our honeymoon.

Brantley and Brenda have co-authored the Bellman Bear books, a children’s series that teaches about other cultures. Check them out!

3. Let myself go:


Just kidding. I was P-R-E-G-N-A-N-T!

4.Got bigger:

5. And bigger (Here I am with Brantley at her baby shower! Luke is one week older than Maggie!):

6. And bigger!

7. Celebrated Emma Brooke's 2nd birthday with a strawberry-themed joint party with her friend Ellie (who is one day older)!

8. Took a two-week trip to Mississippi to see family and friends.

9. Stopped in Atlanta coming and going to visit with friends.

10. Spent a few days in July at a cabin in South Carolina with extended family, compliments of my Uncle Ray and Aunt Karen!

11. Tried to potty train Emma Brooke…emphasis on TRIED. I'm not sure when we will pick up trying again.

12. Spent two days in Asheville celebrating our 5-year anniversary.

13. Swam in the neighborhood pool, A LOT.

14. Worked out to Leisa Hart’s prenatal workout dvd. Loved it!

15. Spent many late nights writing for several local newspapers. My favorite stories included one on a woman who found some long-lost letters her father had written her from Vietnam, one on a two-time domestic abuse survivor, several on families who have adopted and several stories on mission trips. I also wrote a reflective column after Maggie's birth.

16. Taught 3 homeschooled brothers Spanish.

17. Picked lots of blueberries!

18. Transitioned Emma Brooke to the "big girl" bed. Believe me, we would have kept her in the crib if we could have, but our little monkey was climbing out of it every chance she got!

19. Became addicted to Sweet Cakes Bakery (Will and I now call each other cupcake "connoisseurs") but (go figure!) I was then diagnosed with gestational diabetes and consequently spent the last 3 months of my pregnancy eating A LOT of eggs, cheese, peanut butter, and almonds. That’s what a semi-vegetarian preggo chick has to do to get in all that much-needed protein.

20. Read Lies Women Believe and the Truth that Sets them Free by Nancy Leigh Demoss with a mentor from my church.

21. Studied up on natural childbirth by reading a bazillion childbirth books (or so it seemed). Some of my favorites were Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, The Birth Book and Dr. Oz's You: Having a Baby. I also watched these two documentaries to prepare: The Business of Being Born and "O" Birth. I hate the full name of the last movie, but it really did help!

22. Attended a home organization class, Home Matters, at a local church.

23. Started attending Community Bible Study. The ministry has in-depth studies for women all over the world, and I had first heard about it from friends in Mississippi. I feel blessed to be able to attend one here. We are studying Acts. They also have a GREAT children's program where Emma Brooke is learning memory verses! I love it!

24. Awaited the arrival of my precious baby girl….who finally came on her due date…Oct. 23!


No comments:

Post a Comment